...Second Life puzzles me!

...Second Life puzzles me!

Monday 23 July 2007

How to teach Project Management in one Hour

The coordination of the EABH International Summer School asked me to give one hour lecturer in Project Management. My knowledge in Project Management is a mix of learning it at School (MA mostly) and more than ten years in management. Project Management needs practice: Doing "it" is the best learning if we are open minded and we have leadership capabilities. But the right term for succeeding in project management is POWER. The sources of power could be expertise in the field of the project, or power because of your position in the organization. Managing projects is a very demanding and difficult task. How to present it in 1 hour...was some kind of dilemma to me.
The solution was a competition: 3 groups (5 people each) doing one hour project. I was the client and I gave them objectives, time and resources. I gave them also the team evaluation criteria (NEVER forget it). I felt it worked!:-) The students did play the role of team members and they tried to deliver the project in time.

Please, find hereunder my slides, that you can use as an introduction to Project Management.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Actividade Pedagógica e de Investigação

Outubro 2008 - 2009 Investigadora no Projecto MEDIACULT-PT: Cultura Participativa e Uso dos Media (PTDC/CCI/70893/2006).

Maio 2006
- 2007: Bolseira da FCT no âmbito do projecto Usabilidade e Factores Culturais - definição e modelação de variáveis culturais no uso dos media (MEDIA-UCF) POCTI/COM/61049/2004.

Desde 2004: Investigadora no CICANT (Universidade Lusófona) e Professora Auxiliar Convidada nas Licenciatura Cinema, Video e Comunicação Multimédia, Informática de Gestão e Engenharia Informática. Lecciona as disciplinas do 1º Ciclo: Atelier de Marketing e Publicidade; Escrita e Autoria para Multimédia, Interacção Homem-Máquina e Teoria e Prática do Marketing.